If you are looking for craziest lifetime experience that will break you free from the prison bars of your daily routine, there is nothing best on this Globe than flying on your own in the sky.. well!! you must be excited as well as feeling scary when you think to do skydiving. But do not worry! it’s quite natural and its absolutely okay.
Skydiving is a sport in which participants jump or fall from aircraft at altitude. They can perform an assortment of aerial manoeuvres before deploying a parachute to slow their descent, allowing them to come gently to rest on the Earth below. The sport is also known as parachuting, in a reference to that vital piece of safety equipment. People at different levels of physical fitness can participate in skydiving, as long as they are ready for an adrenalin-packed sport which can be both terrifying and exhilarating.
Types of Sky Dives
1. Tandem Jump
The simplest form of skydiving in India, here you are connected to an instructor via a harness. Both of you jump together using the same parachute and the instructor pulls the cord.
Note: You need only minimal instruction before this jump.
2. Static Line Jump
In this skydive you are connected with a cord to the aircraft. And the parachute opens automatically after around 3 seconds of freefall with no action required by the passenger.
Note: The jump is made from only 3000 feet and requires upto 6 hours of training.
3. Accelerated Free Fall
Not for the faint hearted – this one is the real deal, where you jump without any attachments and free fall. It is one of the most challenging experiences of skydiving in India.
Note: Obviously given the serious nature of this skydive, it requires both classroom instructions and practical training and is done from at least 13000 feet. So, which one is your pick? Hold on your breath daredevils ’cause you could go skydiving in India now!
Places For Skydiving in India
1. Mysore, Karnataka
Nestled at the base of the Chamundi Hills, Mysore is one of the best places to have the ultimate skydiving experiences in India. Is that a bird, a plane, no it’s you!
- Tandem – INR 35,000 (3 hours)
- Accelerated Free Fall – INR 2,50,00 (5-7 days, 10 jumps)
- Timings: 7 AM to 9 AM
2. Deesa, Gujarat
Indulge into the thrill of soaring in the blue sky at this beautiful lakeside city. It is one of the best destinations for skydiving in India providing all three types of jumps. The Sports Authority of Gujarat and Indian Parachuting Federation hosts several skydiving camps here.
- Static Line Jumps – INR 16,500
- Tandem Jumps – INR 33,500
- AFF – INR 37,500
- Timings: 7 AM
3. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
One of the most beautiful towns in the country, enjoy the spectacular landscape here as you free fall from the sky. The camps here offer static line and tandem jumps.
- Static Jumps – INR 18,000 (1 jump) to 62,000 (5 jumps)
- Tandem Jump – INR 27,000
- Timings: 7 AM or 9 AM
4. Aamby Valley, Maharashtra
One of the best skydiving places in India, Aamby Valley has to be on every Mumbaikar or Punites list if they wish to indulge in the daring sport. Gaze the stunning landscapes beneath as you freefall in the beautiful valley to enjoy the most thrilling experience of your lifetime.
- Tandem Jumps
- Mon – Thurs – INR 20, 000
- Fri – Sun – INR 25,000
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
5. Dhana, Madhya Pradesh
Home to an air strip, Dhana hosts many skydiving camps for adventure enthusiasts. Enjoy a freefall from 4000 feet above, gazing the breathtaking landscape beneath.
- Tandem Jump
- Weekday: INR 35,000
- Weekend: INR 37,500
- Static Jumps – INR 24,000
- Timings: 8:30 AM
Some Simple facts; You must be aware of before you go for it :-
- Skydiving is sensitive to weather. If the conditions are not perfect, your experience may take a little longer.
- You Must be atleast 18yrs of age,Please go with a valid ID.Tandem medical Statement for over 60.
- Wear Athletic and comfortable clothes , sneakers / sport shoes.No Sandals , booths or High Heels . No Sleeveless Shirts , only T Shirts with
- Short and Long Sleeves.
- You MUST be within weight limit of 95kgs (with Clothes and Shoes ) or you may not be permitted to Skydive.
- There is a Zero Tolerance Policy for Alcohol and / or Drugs in 24 Hours Before Making Skydive for your Safety.
- Please do not Scuba Dive , 24 hours before Tandem Skydive.
- Take your courage with you.. don’t forget it at your home.. ;)
Hope you will enjoy the adventure :)